05-28-2012 08:54 AM
My printer tells me the magenta is out and can't print. I am only trying to print in black and white. Can anyone tell me why I must have magenta to print?!?!?!?
06-14-2012 09:38 AM
Which printer model are you using?
Some of the printers run a cleaning process to ensure no ink is drying in the nozzles when turned on and before print jobs. If the printer continues to print and dispense ink through these nozzles without a test or maintenance new issues would arise and could damage the product or create new issues.
Depending on your OS there are methods to set on a software side for the printer to only print in black and white, however sometimes color is used for different levels of black ink to create shading and depth.
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?