Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @dancingfish,

I have sent you a Private message, please go to your inbox.

Thank you, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Kyle I would like to know how to run a partial or a semi-full reset on my HP Photosmart 6510 all in one. Bouht a new cartridge and it dosent print!!! Could you send me steps on this procedure.    Thank You  Arthur...

(Personal information removed by Moderator)

HP Recommended

Hi @Arthanas,

I believe this may be a problem with the ink system, so the resets may or may not help. I suggest contacting our technical support at 800-474-6836 to see what options they have available for you. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This reply appeared earlier in this thread.    

Poor design is the answer to the question, but that won't get your printer working.   The only way forward is to clean the printhead.  Unfortunately, HP designed the printhead so that you can't remove it easily - except you can do so fairly easily in about 5 minutes.    Seeing as the only alternative is to throw the printer away, then you really have nothing to lose.  There is a clip on Youtube showing how to do this but you remove the upper assemply that is held on with 8 torque screws (you need a special torque screwdriver).    The screw nearest the lid stay is impossible to get at until you flip the lid stay from it's pin with a flat-head screwdriver and the lid can then hinge upright.   The lid then comes off, although it is electrically connected by a large ribbon cable to the PCB and a smaller ribbon cable to the on/off switch  .   Don't worry if the cable comes out  of the PCB - simply push it back in again.     You can then see the printhead.    Pull out the four ribbon cables from the back of the printhead.    There is an obvious order, so it is impossible to put them back incorrectly.   Then remove the two large springs at the back of the printhead.   The printhead can then be lifted out. 

There is a lot of advice on the web about how to clean printheads.   The best way I have found with 100% success is to use a small ultrasonic cleaning bath with distilled water.   

HP Recommended
Would you send me the steps required to do either a partial or semi-full reset on the printer... Thanks
HP Recommended
Thanks.... But did not work... Could you E-Mail me the steps for partial and semi-full reset.
HP Recommended

I've tried to hard reset described. Please email me the detailed full hard reset instructions for this same issue. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Agreed!

HP Recommended

I took my 6510 printer completely apart and there is a tiny vacuum pump that sucks the ink out of the printhead (this is a priming function).  The tube that primes the black printhead was completely clogged up.  It took a small stiff wire and lots of hot water to unclog it but it is printing black again.  Just make sure you take pictures where all the tubes go it can get confusing, I had to guess where a couple of the tubes went, but it must have been right.

HP Recommended

Hello Kyle,

I am also facing the same problem with my HP photosmart 6510. I have just bought one set of new catridge and able to print in all color but unable to print in black. So request you to kindly share the steps to do partial or semi-full reset on (removed content).

Thanks in advance

Abhishek

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.