Question

Student
cmarucci
Message 1 of 2 (814 Views)

Why does HP 564 xl Color Cartridge Set include Black Ink in a size that doesn't fit the printer?

In my Photosmart B209 a-m The black cartridge is much wider than the color cartridges.  I have all these extra brand new 564 XL black cartirdges with a bowtie symbol that are too narrow to fit my printer, but it comes in the set I have to buy to get the color cartridges.  I want to know if anyone else has had this problem and what HP is doing about it??  Are they wiling to buy these back or trade up for the size I  really need - which is 564 xl Black with a hexagon symbol.  And hey HP - what genius decided to have 2 cartridges the same number but different sizes???? 

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 2 (810 Views)

Re: Why does HP 564 xl Color Cartridge Set include Black Ink in a size that doesn't fit the printer?

HI,

This set should not be bought for your printer as it is a photo cartridge set that is intended for certain printers. The bowtie black is a photo black cartrigde that fits for example the Photosmart C309N.

FInd the correct cartridges with the link below.

https://h30042.www3.hp.com/SureSupply/?AppName=WWP

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation