Question

Honor Student
chdiamo
Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why is there ink in under the ink cartridges of my Officejet 7310?

After receiving an error message that the carriage was jammed on my Officejet 7310, a colleague moved the carriage and discovered gobs of black ink in the well underneath the ink cartridges. Much of the black ink **bleep** was scooped out with a Q Tip, which solved the carriage jam problem. Much ink remains in the cartridge well. Where did it come from and how do I safely clean it out? Is some build up normal? How do I prevent more ink from accumulating? Thank you for your suggestions.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Why is there ink in under the ink cartridges of my Officejet 7310?

Here is a link to a document that shows how to clean and maintain different areas and parts of the printer such as the capping station.  It will give one instructions on how to go about cleaning the machine and what materials to use. It is a best practice to use  lint free cloths on the machine.

Some build up over-time is normal as ink can be “cast off" from the printing process.  It is recommend that a cleaning be done every six months, if this is the first cleaning there might be more build up in the printer than one would expect. I hope that this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation