Question

Student
Collinsprinter
Message 1 of 9 (3,639 Views)

Why won't my printer print using the black ink cartridge? I use the photosmart 5515 printer

All the color ink cartridges work fine.  A new black cartridge was installed 2 days ago.  Several one page text pages were printed from the new cartridge and now no black is printed on a printed page.  I've cleaned heads and wiped off (using cotton free cloth) connectors.  WHY?

Student
spoken
Message 2 of 9 (3,609 Views)

Re: Why won't my printer print using the black ink cartridge? I use the photosmart 5515 printer

Sorry, I have no answer but have the exact same problem.  Installed a new cartridge, printed fine and then suddenly cannot print black???

Honor Student
robray67
Message 3 of 9 (3,514 Views)

Re: Why won't my printer print using the black ink cartridge? I use the photosmart 5515 printer

Sorry - same here too. I posted the same thing this morning 11.6.2012.

Student
maggieginger
Message 4 of 9 (3,502 Views)

I have a HP 6500 e709n. I also replaced the black ink catridge today and since then, black will not print. I've tried cleaning printheads. Alignment is not working. Odd that so many of us having a similar problem in a short period of time.

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 5 of 9 (3,465 Views)

Why won't my printer print using the black ink cartridge? I use the photosmart 5515 printer

Hello there,

This article should help out with black ink problems. Give the steps a shot and let me know the results:
http://goo.gl/gGBdI

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Honor Student
appaloosablue
Message 6 of 9 (3,354 Views)

Tried all the solutions and my printer still won't print with black.  I am sooooooo frustrated because the product is out of warranty by about a month!  

Student
JennyMolar
Message 7 of 9 (3,338 Views)

My printer won't print black either! The cartridge is 75% full and I have tried all the solutions listed here! I am not sure if I am under warranty anymore. I think I forgot to register it when I purchased it:smileysad:

It is really frustrating!!

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 8 of 9 (3,293 Views)

@JennyMolar, Do you have the Photosmart 5515? Did you look at this document here?  If it has been less than a year since you have purchased your printer you should still be under the factory warranty.  

I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call.

HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
amsharot
Message 9 of 9 (1,011 Views)

I can not get my Hp 6400 to print black.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation