Question

Student
Margaretmarie4
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

Wireless photosmart 5520 wont print black

Printer wont print in black ink only. Have reset several times. Cleaned printhead. Diagnostic shows colors fully but 4 small stripes of black. Help!
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: Wireless photosmart 5520 wont print black

Hi Margaretmarie4,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your Photosmart 5520 and printing in black ink only. I will certainly do my best to help :smileyhappy:

I will suggest that you begin with following the steps within this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. Those steps should be able to get the black ink flowing properly again.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know whether the printer is still under warranty or not and what country you're located in. Please feel free to private message me the country information if you'd like to keep it off the forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 3 of 3 (38 Views)

Re: Wireless photosmart 5520 wont print black

Hey Margaretmarie4,

Just wanted to check in and see if you were able to give the steps I suggested a try?

Please let me know if I can be of any further help :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation