Question

Honor Student
liphotoman
Message 1 of 3 (312 Views)

Won't print black

My OfficeJet 6480 will not print black.  I've gone through all the stpes in troubleshooting - cleaning, aligning, etc.,  After a cleaning, I get a message that "Alignment Failed."  So I align. And Align again. And again.  Try to print - no error messages, but the only thing that prints is Blue.  So the only way I can print anything is to make my entire document blue.

THe machine is only about 1 1/2 yrs old.  It sat idle for the last 6 months.  Yesterday I was able to print fine, one document, but ever since that one print, no black.

Thanks

Teacher
Chin999
Message 2 of 3 (276 Views)

Re: Won't print black

Hi,

You mentioned that the printer was idle for 6 months and yesterday you were able to print one document and the black came out fine, However i would suggest if possible try changing the black cartridge once.

Also follow the link and see if it helps you in resolving the issue

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01314000&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Thanks

I work for HP.
Honor Student
liphotoman
Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Won't print black

Yes - oddly it printed one document just fine, then stopped printing black. THe cartridge does show full.  Nevertheless, I did change out the cartridge, to no avail.

Only alternative that link shows is for me to have the printer serviced.  Servicing probably costs more than a new printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation