05-13-2014 12:21 PM
My OfficeJet 6480 will not print black. I've gone through all the stpes in troubleshooting - cleaning, aligning, etc., After a cleaning, I get a message that "Alignment Failed." So I align. And Align again. And again. Try to print - no error messages, but the only thing that prints is Blue. So the only way I can print anything is to make my entire document blue.
THe machine is only about 1 1/2 yrs old. It sat idle for the last 6 months. Yesterday I was able to print fine, one document, but ever since that one print, no black.
05-14-2014 08:33 AM
You mentioned that the printer was idle for 6 months and yesterday you were able to print one document and the black came out fine, However i would suggest if possible try changing the black cartridge once.
Also follow the link and see if it helps you in resolving the issue
05-14-2014 12:03 PM
Yes - oddly it printed one document just fine, then stopped printing black. THe cartridge does show full. Nevertheless, I did change out the cartridge, to no avail.
Only alternative that link shows is for me to have the printer serviced. Servicing probably costs more than a new printer.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?