Re: Won't print in grayscale (75 Views)
Honor Student
Cloudy99
Message 61 of 68 (719 Views)

Re: Won't print in grayscale

Hi,

You did not answer my question. The question is:

WHY PRINTER USERGUIDE SAYS IT SHOULD WORK BUT FOLKS FROM HP IN THIS FORUM SAYS IT WON'T WORK AND THIS IS PER DESIGN? ALSO, YOUR SALES FOLKS KEEPS SELLING THIS FEATURE AS ADVANTAGE COMPARE TO SOME OTHER PRINTERS - IT CAN PRINT GREYSCALE WHEN COLOUR CATRIDGES INK DEPLETED.

I believed none of your customers get the printers to print even a single page when one of the ink catridge depleted. 

Please change your userguide and educate your sales folks if you still believe the printer will not print even greyscale when any of the colour catridge depleted! Many of your customers felt cheated, thrash your printers, and will not buy from HP ever!

Student
ERRRM
Message 62 of 68 (579 Views)

USE FAKE INK.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 63 of 68 (564 Views)

Hello everyone. I have located HP's warranty statement, and it includes details as to why refilled ink is not supported: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c00206040

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
pumpman1
Message 64 of 68 (560 Views)

Hi ERRRM. Just dump the piece of junk HP printer into the re-cycle bin after trashing it first to make sure no one else gets trapped into buying HP ink. Buy a canon or similar printer and have no further problems with printing in greyscale using their ink or re-fill ink. Talk to your sales person first and get it in writing.

Tell all of your friends and associates about this rip off by HP. Never buy any HP product again. Hopefully their bottom line will reflect the rip off experienced by millions of once happy HP customers.  Best of luck

PS. Don't believe anything that HP employees tell you because it won't work!

Tutor
pumpman1
Message 65 of 68 (559 Views)

Hi Mario. The link information means nothing as the HP printer 850A Office Jet won't print in greyscale using HP ink which costs the same as gold once one of the tanks is depleted. Don't be deceived. Talk to other users of this rip off companies printer and then make up your mind.I personally trashed my HP printer and went canon.

Student
mikpj
Message 66 of 68 (479 Views)

So me and my 3 year old son are trying to print some black/white picture to color and I get this same error as you guys.  He started crying.  I should have filmed it to upload on youtube maybe then HP would listen.  OMG this is so wrong in so many ways.

Student
hpsucks13
Message 67 of 68 (392 Views)

SO disappointed in HP, after buying their products for over 20 years never again. Way to go, I'm unemployed and can't afford to spend an extra 60 bucks on ink, so I can't print a resume to take to an interview.

Money hungry, greedy HP....oh, and I work in IT....guess I won't be recommending HP to any of my customers either.

Student
flying
Message 68 of 68 (75 Views)

how to print in greyscale

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation