Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 6700
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

I have an HP 6700 and only use HP INK.  It will not align, it starts and then a banging noise and stops. I took out all the cartridges and reinstalled them............Says carriage is stuck...........there is not paper jam.....I am usually very good at trying to fix a problem, this one NO!!  I can't help but think it is something very simple????

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @Teacher6B!

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I would be happy to provide some assistance in hopefully getting this carriage jam issue resolved!  The first thing I suggest is to ensure the printer is still getting full power.  It is recommended to have the printer plugged into the wall directly and not a power surge protector.  This may sounds silly but it will ensure power is not a factor and may eliminate any unnecessary troubleshooting.  If the printer is not getting the same power as before it may cause odd error messages and jams.

If you are still experiencing the issue I suggest following this document regarding A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays for HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series.  The document covers some of the steps you have already tried but I suggest going through it again to ensure everything was checked.

If you are still getting the issue after troubleshooting you may want to give our HP Support a call regarding warranty and possible replacement options.   Please call our technical support at 1-800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks again for posting on the HP Forums!  Please post back and let me know how it goes!

Cbert
I work on behalf of HP.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I plugged the printer directly into the wall. No change. I have printed status report, it great, I printed quality diagnostic page, perfect, It won' t align.....stops half way and starts banging

HP Recommended

6700 printer...............there is no paper jam......I have unplugged.....I have spent hours watching video and reading. I have 4 new cartridges and it needs to be aligned and it starts and stops half way. I have ran all the printing reports...they look great..........but everything I print is not aligned. Please help

Jane

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.