02-21-2013 12:12 PM
HP Photosmart 5510 won't print in black anymore. Just over a year old, average usage. Tried two different cartridges and all the basic fixes. Don't know what else to try. A printer should last longer than a year shouldn't it?
02-21-2013 12:32 PM
I replaced all the ink cartridges in my printer and now the black ink is not printing. I have tried all the things HP suggests and have even replaced the black cartridge again. What's going on? Help HP.
02-22-2013 02:21 PM
If the printer is not printing a particular color, then the unit is having a print quality issue. There are a few things one can try in this case.
* The first step I would try is to perform an Ink System Reset. This is to ensure the printer has proper connections with the print cartridges/printhead(s). For information on how to perform this reset click here.
As well, have you tried running the Clean Printhead utility in the software/front panel of the printer. I would advise trying 3 levels of the clean printhead to try to force ink through the ports and get any clogged ports open.
Also, when you changed the cartridge did the unit perform an automatic alignment? Did this pass or fail?
There is further troubleshooting steps in the print quality document for your printer. I will provide the link to the different printers in this thread. Select the one that applies:
@ cellwrangler - What model HP printer do you have?
I am not an HP employee.
02-23-2013 12:47 PM
I had the same trouble on my Officejet 6500, I finally removed all of the ink cartridges from the print head and removed the print head. I found out the black ink leaked from underneath the ribbon cable on the print head and got on the connections the head connects to preventing the signal to get to the head. I cleaned the ink off by using Q tips and rubbing alcohol. I probably should get a new print head as I have to do this every two months or so now.
02-24-2013 02:05 PM
My Photosmart 7510 is not printing regular black ink either. I put in a new cartridge and I still get a "low" reading even after doing the Ink System reset and the automatic print head clean.
Can you post the link for this device too?
is this a cartridge issue?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?