Question

Honor Student
bonbourdo
Message 1 of 13 (355 Views)

black ink not working

I have a photosmart 5510 and have replaced all ink colors and now the black will not print. I have used up a  color cartiridge just running test pages, cleaning print heads and checking alignment. I have checked the air flow and installed a second new black ink cartiridge. I use Windows 8.1. It does not have a removable printhead for cleaning according to what I had read from ideas given on this site. It is out of warranty. Would love to get this working

Thanks

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 13 (354 Views)

Re: black ink not working

[ Edited ]

How much out of warranty?  

@Ciara_B - Please escalate this one.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
bonbourdo
Message 3 of 13 (348 Views)

I'm sorry I don't know how long it is out of warranty, but I did the check on line and it is no longer under warranty.

Top Student
LBH73
Message 4 of 13 (325 Views)

Are you able to remove and reinsert all the ink cartridge again? Ensure that the ink cartridges are inserted properly, check and see if the black is printing?

Honor Student
Dumkizelek
Message 5 of 13 (316 Views)

Hi bonbourdo,

I found some troubleshooting steps that might be helpful. Please check the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03425035&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=506...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

If this is helpful, please click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left

Honor Student
bonbourdo
Message 6 of 13 (299 Views)

I have tried everything a number of times that is listed as possible solutions, with no luck. I did find out it is  two years old in Jan. Is that all the longer I can expect it to work? Still hoping to repair this as I have another set of ink cartridges on hand. Still hopeful!

Honor Student
bonbourdo
Message 7 of 13 (271 Views)

It does not look like I am going to get any help with this. Very  Disappointed

Student
Miikka
Message 8 of 13 (258 Views)

I have the exact same problem with two year old 5514 photosmart. Just inserted new black ink cartridge and it just does not print black anymore from any cartridge... maybe the chip inside tells the machine to stop after two years.

Student
writenroll
Message 9 of 13 (232 Views)

Re: HP B210 printer - black ink not working

Black ink suddenly stopped - Printed one page fine, then the next was blank.  New black HP cartridge.  Tried cleaning print heads, turned printer off and on, unplugged and re-plugged.  Help!

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 10 of 13 (205 Views)

Re: HP B210 printer - black ink not working

Hello everyone,

I understand there are a few of you with the same issue, and I will certainly do my best to assist each of you :smileyhappy:

@bonbourdo  - I know you have tried quite a few steps already to get the black ink flowing and they haven't been working, and it appears that you've tried all of the steps within this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document. With all of the necessary steps being tried please proceed to check your inbox for a private message.

@Miikka  - For you, I would recommend that you try the steps in this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document and please let me know if any of the steps are able to help the black ink start printing again, and we will go from there :smileyhappy:

@writenroll  - I am assuming, from your changing the subject line, that you are working with a Photosmart B210 that is not printing black either? If I am incorrect please let me know, but, on that assumption I will suggest that you try following the steps within this Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages document, and because your printer has a removable printhead you can try a few other things as well. You can try the manual cleaning steps for your printhead within this 'Printhead Problem' or 'Printhead Appears to be Missing or Damaged' Message Displays on the Computer as well as the printhead soaking steps suggested by Bob_Headrick. Let me know how these steps work out for you!

Hope to hear back from you all soon :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation