06-16-2014 08:45 AM
06-17-2014 03:24 PM
Welcome to the forums lnichols
I appreciate your frustration, I really do. However, this particular printer uses some color inks even when printing in black only. If you did run out of color and kept printing black only, you will cause problems with the printhead.
FYI, HERE is the user guide to your printer, see page 74.
I've also linked page yield information HERE.
I hope that helps!
Have a great Tuesday
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?