black ink problem with HP photosmart C310a (359 Views)
Student
mkiesz354
Message 1 of 2 (359 Views)

black ink problem with HP photosmart C310a

The regular black ink in my C310a (not photo black) seems to not be providing enough volume of ink when printing.  Black text is coming out very faint and occasionally with some striations.  I've cleaned the heads several times and just noticed that in addition to striations, there are trends of darker to lighter (and vice versa) going across lines.  I'm not sure if this is expected, but these trends occur in the same manner on multiple test sheets.  For instance one line of text in a test sheet may appear darker to lighter going from left to right and will in general be the same in all subsequent test sheets while another line goes from lighter to darker and is also the same in subsequent test sheets.  However, different test sheets maybe slightly lighter or darker.  In addition to cleaning the printheads through the toolbox and printer control module and aligning printheads, I've also removed the printhead, soaking it in hot water for 5 minutes then drying it before replacing.  This neither improved nor deteriorated the print quality.  Any suggestions?  As a last thought, i do refill ink cartridges, but have been using these for over a year on the same black cartridge refilling it several times with no trouble.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 2 (318 Views)

Re: black ink problem with HP photosmart C310a

Hello. I am providing a link for a document on defective print output for your model of printer. It will go over some items/ steps that you did not mention in your post like changing the print settings. With the cartridges being refilled, that might be what is affecting the print quality too. Here is a link to a document on refilled cartridges too. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=ie&lc=en&docname=c00853819

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation