Question

Honor Student
kginnm
Message 1 of 8 (219 Views)

black won't print, photosmart 5510

[ Edited ]

84 dollars of new inks installed...read and did all the suggestions on this forrum....black won't print yet all colors do.

last month the printer stopped advancing the paper. Tech support was no help at all ! Disassembled the bottom to view paper track and no obstructions like torn shreads. disassembled the top and saw a small white gear askew in the gang of drive gears on the left hand side.

a tab had broken that holds the top of the side cover that holds all the gears in place allowing too much wiggle slack , and one gear slipped out of its guide hole.

adding some little washers to stop it from wobbling, I reassembled the gear housing which would not stay fast due to the broken tab. I drilled two small holes on the inboard wall of the tab mount and used a small wire to twist around the arm where the tab would have held . Now it's all back together spitting out paper like normal......

---but now-------

after all that disassembly and reassembly.....

the black won't print.

Did I do something during disassembly or not do something during reassembly ?

or is the new cartridge faulty

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 8 (177 Views)

Re: black won't print, photosmart 5510

Hi @kginnm 

I see you are unable to print black from your Photosmart 5510, I'd like to help. Please complete all of the steps in the following document; Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.

Although I hope this resolves the issue, it might not. If the issue persists, please post back with your warranty status. Use the following link to check your warranty.

If your printer is still in warranty, please call HP and explain the issue you are experiencing. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

If your printer is out of warranty, let me know and I will do my best to help. Thanks. I look forward to hearing from you.

IMPORTANT:   Please also include your country/region in your next post. Thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
kginnm
Message 3 of 8 (140 Views)

9/6/14 still won't print black.

Went to store and traded black ink cartrige for another new one, just to see.

Got miniscule traces of black on first copy ...then  nothing.

Student
mjmeeusen
Message 4 of 8 (123 Views)

We are having the same problem, followed all of the trouble shooting, cleaned heads, opened vents, bought more ink, etc., still won't print black although first page with new cartridge is gray, then nothing. Help!

Honor Student
kginnm
Message 5 of 8 (103 Views)

[ Edited ]

We need somebody who actually knows how to fix these things and not just a slew of stock answers ! ( that most of us know just by reading the directions. )

out here in New Mexico there is no place to take it...I am the repairman....as mentioned in the first post, I repaired a broken gear housing that kept it from feeding paper.

-- but now it wont print black.--

it almost seems like an electronic problem , but I re-checked all my disassemble connections and everything is reassembled .

today I took out the tray that the inks clip into and cleaned the port for the black. cleaned the heads too.

still does not print black 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 6 of 8 (82 Views)

Hi @kginnm 

Please have the owner of the printer reach out and include their country/ region. HP would like to help. We need to speak with the customer rather than the repair man.

Thanks.

You can even have the customer reach out to me directly via Private message. Sunshyn2005

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
kginnm
Message 7 of 8 (55 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am the owner.

I am the tech.

( I am the walrus...koo, koo, kachoo :smileywink:

New Mexico USA

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 8 (36 Views)

Hi @kginnm 

Thank you for getting back to me. I sent you a private message, please check the little envelope on the top right hand corner of the forums page to check your Forums inbox.

Forums Inbox.jpg

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation