blinking color f340 cartridge light will not go out after inserting both new cartridges. (131 Views)
Honor Student
yogibare57
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

blinking color f340 cartridge light will not go out after inserting both new cartridges.

Error screen come up with print cartidge(s) problem, the following cartridges has a proble ScartridgeName 1 $ Tri Color.

Turned on the printer, and the small red blinking light appeared next to ink symbol. Went through the F340 fixes on the hp site, did not correct problem, replaced both color and b/w carts, still did not resolve issue. tried to do a test print page by holding down the red (X) button and the scan color button, as per instructed on the help page, stil no test page was printed. Printer will not function. Tried to see if there was any paper blockage, or jams, still nothing works.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: blinking color f340 cartridge light will not go out after inserting both new cartridges.

Hey yogibare,

The last step available, after the troubleshooting you have performed, would be to contact HP to service the product. Since you replaced the cartridges and verified the error through the site I'd recommend calling the support line. You can find the contact information here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
yogibare57
Message 3 of 3 (116 Views)

Re: blinking color f340 cartridge light will not go out after inserting both new cartridges.

Thank you for the response, but getting HP support will cost more than getting a new printer. This printer is many yers old, and it looks like it will will be cheaper to simply purchase a new one. I don't print very often, and mostly only use the scanner, but with the blinking red light, nothing is working now, so it looks like I'm going shopping for a new printer, maybe a canon this time?

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation