06-24-2012 02:12 AM
Error screen come up with print cartidge(s) problem, the following cartridges has a proble ScartridgeName 1 $ Tri Color.
Turned on the printer, and the small red blinking light appeared next to ink symbol. Went through the F340 fixes on the hp site, did not correct problem, replaced both color and b/w carts, still did not resolve issue. tried to do a test print page by holding down the red (X) button and the scan color button, as per instructed on the help page, stil no test page was printed. Printer will not function. Tried to see if there was any paper blockage, or jams, still nothing works.
06-25-2012 02:54 PM
The last step available, after the troubleshooting you have performed, would be to contact HP to service the product. Since you replaced the cartridges and verified the error through the site I'd recommend calling the support line. You can find the contact information here:
If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal.
06-25-2012 05:52 PM
Thank you for the response, but getting HP support will cost more than getting a new printer. This printer is many yers old, and it looks like it will will be cheaper to simply purchase a new one. I don't print very often, and mostly only use the scanner, but with the blinking red light, nothing is working now, so it looks like I'm going shopping for a new printer, maybe a canon this time?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?