Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2544
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

can computer be programmed (via drivers) to accept this cartidge of do I haggle with the retailer to change the cartridge?

Can this deskjet use 300XL cartridges?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @eiresaor,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you purchased an HP 300XL cartridge for your HP Deskjet 2544 All-in-One Printer but the cartridge is not compatible. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

• The HP Deskjet 2544 is compatible with the following cartridges only:

Untitled.png

The compatibility varies by region. No other cartridges will work in your machine.

• The HP 300XL (Part Number: CC641EE) is only compatible with the following machines:

Untitled 1.png

Therefore, you have two options to resolve this cartridge compatibility issue.

• Option 1:  Speak to someone at the store that you purchased the incorrect cartridge from and see if they're willing to swap the incompatible cartridge out for one that will work with your HP Deskjet printer.

• Option 2: You can also contact our Technical Support queue by phone to explore cartridge replacement options. If that cartridge is an HP Genuine Cartridge and you explain to the Technical Support Agent that you accidentally purchased the wrong cartridge for you printer they may be able to swap the cartridge out for the correct cartridge for your printer.

HP Technical Support can be reached at: 800-474-6836.

If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

HP Worldwide Contact

I wish you luck going forward with this. Have a nice day! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.