Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (6,247 Views)
Accepted Solution

brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

says to turn printer off after ink system failure msg, but then gives a cartridge may be missing msg and says the printer may be damaged if turned off.

The printer is brand new. I did print about a dozen test pages just fine... have not touched the inks since first installed. When I open the ink cartridge access door, the inks/heads don't move to opening, so I cannot reseat cartridges. Help!!

Provost
Message 2 of 5 (6,240 Views)

Re: brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

The document here may help.  You will need to temporarily ignore the message about not turning off the printer....

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (6,227 Views)

Re: brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

Fantastic—thanks for sending me in the right direction and for the reassurance that I did need to ignore the shut off warning!

That's all my printer needed this time was a shut down. Thanks so much for your time and help!
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (1,170 Views)

i also have the same error in my brand new 8600 Pro & i have tried many solutions but error remains there, need your help.

regards

Majid

Provost
Message 5 of 5 (1,166 Views)

Majid_Irshad wrote:

i also have the same error in my brand new 8600 Pro & i have tried many solutions but error remains there, need your help.

regards

Majid

If you have already done the steps in the document above I would suggest you Contact HP for warranty support.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation