brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg... (5129 Views)
Honor Student
whirligirl
Message 1 of 5 (5,129 Views)
Accepted Solution

brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

says to turn printer off after ink system failure msg, but then gives a cartridge may be missing msg and says the printer may be damaged if turned off.

The printer is brand new. I did print about a dozen test pages just fine... have not touched the inks since first installed. When I open the ink cartridge access door, the inks/heads don't move to opening, so I cannot reseat cartridges. Help!!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (5,122 Views)

Re: brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

The document here may help.  You will need to temporarily ignore the message about not turning off the printer....

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Honor Student
whirligirl
Message 3 of 5 (5,109 Views)

Re: brand new officejet pro 8600 e-all-in-one, ink system failure msg, cartridge missing msg...

Fantastic—thanks for sending me in the right direction and for the reassurance that I did need to ignore the shut off warning!

That's all my printer needed this time was a shut down. Thanks so much for your time and help!
Honor Student
Majid_Irshad
Message 4 of 5 (52 Views)

i also have the same error in my brand new 8600 Pro & i have tried many solutions but error remains there, need your help.

regards

Majid

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 5 (48 Views)

Majid_Irshad wrote:

i also have the same error in my brand new 8600 Pro & i have tried many solutions but error remains there, need your help.

regards

Majid

If you have already done the steps in the document above I would suggest you Contact HP for warranty support.  If you are in the US call 1-800-HPINVENt. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation