c6250 ink system failure (210 Views)
Student
az3333
Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)

c6250 ink system failure

I've got a photosmart C6250 with a ink system failure error 0xc18a0206.  Unfortunately I cannot find any information to resolve this error.  All troubleshooting steps to clear the error do not work, disconnecting USB, removing ink cartridges etc.  The last option always says to remove and clean the printhead.  However, this model does not have a removable printhead.  The ink cartridges are brand new and not returnable at this point. I have received the carriage jam error as I've been trying to fix it as well as the shut down to power off notification.  The printhead moves back and forth and makes noise and vibrates as though trying to do something but the error continues. 

is there any other option for a printer without printerhead. If not, is there another model that uses the same ink cartridges (individual colors)? 

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 2 (195 Views)

Re: c6250 ink system failure

Sorry that you are having this issue with the error code. If you do not have a removeable print head, you will need a printer replacement. 

You can contact HP Support (1800-474-6836). There is a link below that provides you with the ink cartridges and you can click on COMPATIBLE PRINTERS tab. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation