Question

Top Student
Octaboze
Message 1 of 8 (320 Views)
Accepted Solution

can't print black or yellow on my hp 5520

I am having problems printing black and yellow from my HP Photosmart 5520. I have run the clean heads process several times waiting in between cleanings and it still does not print. Black cartridge is brand new and yellow is half full. I have been to the link what to do when black and another color won't print and still no luck. Any suggestions on what to do next would be greatly appreciated.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 8 (307 Views)

Re: can't print black or yellow on my hp 5520

You may have already done the steps in this page, but be sure to check the vents as shown in solution three.  

You can check the warranty status as shown in the link here.  When does/did the warranty expire?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Octaboze
Message 3 of 8 (298 Views)

Yes, I did already check the vent area, it's not covered or clogged. The printer is almost 2 years old, though I have not had any problems prior to this issue. The black cartridge is brand new, so I am going to try to get that replaced in hopes that may be an issue. Any other ideas?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 8 (283 Views)

Octaboze,

Thank you for your continued efforts, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. I highly recommend you call our technical support at 800-474-6836, I trust they will be able to assist you regardless of the warranty status. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 5 of 8 (245 Views)

Octaboze,

Just wanted to see if you were able to contact our technical support and what the outcome was?

Thanks,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Octaboze
Message 6 of 8 (238 Views)

Will try to do that next week, sorry for the delay.

Top Student
Octaboze
Message 7 of 8 (208 Views)

Called and spoke with technical support today. Wonderful lady.... anyway seems as if it's a hardware problem and will need to buy a new printer :smileysad:. Thanks for all your help.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 8 of 8 (205 Views)

Hi Octaboze,

I have sent you a private message on the Forums, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation