Question

Honor Student
jebra
Message 1 of 4 (291 Views)

cartridge doesn't fit 5515 all-in-one

I gave up on my laser and bought an all-in-one. The black cartridge ran out quickly. I bought a 2 pack of 564 XL cartridges because the package says they last longer.  BUT THEY ARE TOO BIG!!  THEY DON'T FIT!! Yet the printer box says it takes 564 cartridges.

I can't take the package back because I've already opened it, not to mention opened one cartridge and prepared it for the printer before discovering it wouldn't work.

When my laser quit on me I had just spent two hundred dollars on ink cartridges because the error message indicated it needed to be replaced. But that wasn't what the problem was.

I am not a corporation or even a small business. I am a home user and I am starting to feel like I need a lawyer to deal with HO problems. One thing I can promise - my next printer won't be an HP.

I have a legacy HP scanner that still works after 20 years. Why can't HP make equipment anymore that works and lasts??

Honor Student
jebra
Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)

Re: cartridge doesn't fit 5515 all-in-one

Just to add - I went to the office corner store and bought a smaller cartridge with exactly the same product number, 564 XL, but obviously smaller. And guess what, it fits - but not before leaking onto my blouse, which of course, will not come out and so I've lliterally lost my shirt in this process.

WTH GIVES, HP??
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 4 (249 Views)

Hi jebra, the size of the Black XL changed but it will still fit. See details below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&docname=c02750681

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
jebra
Message 4 of 4 (232 Views)

Clara, thanks for your response. But the problem in this printer is not that the cartridge is too small. It is too big. I cannot make it go in without breaking the tray that holds the cartridges. I finally went and bought one of the newer cartridges and it fits perfectly. If you put it next to the older one you would not recognize them as being the same cartridge number, but they are both labeled 564XL.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation