color ink not working (195 Views)
Student
Sportyfive
Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)

color ink not working

I have an HP Photosmart 7760 printer.  It has been a great printer.  HOWEVER... after getting a new tri-color ink cart. and putting it in - the color ink will not work.  I have gone through the cleaning process three times (all three steps each time).  My computer can tell me the supply level of both the black and color cartridges but the color will not print.  After running the clean printheads so many times - the supply level now read 90% on the tri-color - but no colored ink has shown up yet.  Any ideas how to get this new cartridge to work?  

Thanks for any ideas.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

Re: color ink not working

The Photosmart 7760 printer uses ink cartridges that are known as integrated printhead or IPH cartridges.  If the printer is not printing the color after changing the cartridge, then it could be one of a few causes.

• Have you tried removing the cartridge and cleaning the electrical contacts?  I would advise using a lint free cloth or sponge type qtip and water or alcohol to wipe the contacts clean.  Also clean the metal contacts inside the printer chute where the cartridge is installed.  Allow these contacts to dry before re-installing the cartridge.
  • Have you tried a different color cartridge to see if the problem follows or is simply an issue with this one color cartridge?
  • If these options above do not work, then it is possible that the printer is having a hardware issue in the ink system preventing its control over color printing.

Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation