Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I did use remanufactured cartridges once in the distant past, however that was quite a while ago and didn't cause a problem.  Have used HP cartridges several times since then and have HP cartridges in now.

The shading started happening a few months ago and has gotten progressively worse.  There was no correlation at all to the time I used the remanufactured cartridges, at least 12-18 months time between when the cartridges were removed and when the double-imaging of the colors started happening.

I did update to the latest firmware, as suggested, and that seemed to go flawlessly.

When I print a Diagnostics Page from the menu of the printer, I still do have the same problem, however.  It clearly shows the printer needs calibrated from a color perspective with the black dot and the L's in each of the 4 corners.  I still cannot find that HP Toolbox FX is installed on my computer, which is what all the help pages on HP websites say I need to use to do this calibration.  Do you know another way to resolve this?

HP Recommended

Hi SLange,

Thank you for the additional information. You will find the steps to calibrate from the printers control panel below.

1. At the front of the printer, use the left and right arrows to find the "System Setup" menu and press "OK".

2. Now find the "Print Quality" menu and press "OK".

3. Find the "Color Calibration" menu and press "OK"

4. Select "Calibrate Now" and press "OK"

5. The printer should spend a minute or two "Calibrating..."

Note: You may want to try repeating this process two or three times.

Let me know what you find out?

1.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I found on other HP Site info that the Toolboxfx is not available for Windows 7. 

in an attempt to fix my alignment problems, I have reset the saved alignment data by powering on the printer while holding the right arrow and x keys.  Hold until you see the prompt.  Prompt shows "Permanent Storage Init."  Other users have commented that it takes several attempts before the data is actually erased.  You can then use the front panel to Calibrate (in System Setup, Print Quality Menu) and then print a Diagnostics page.  (in Reports Menu) 

Here is the original author's description of the above method.  http://www.fortwayneprinterrepair.com/wordpress/2012/02/19/alignment-issues-hp-color-laserjet-cp1210...

I suspect that my color plane registration sensors may be dirty, so I will next attempt to disect and clean them.

HP Recommended

Hi,

FYI, my printer CP1515n is having the same problem. Have performed the Color Calibration but problem still persist. Appreciate your kind advice.

Thank you & Regards.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.