08-06-2014 07:23 AM
I have an HP Laserjet CP1515n -- 4 years old or so. It has been working great with our iMac until a few weeks ago, when the printer heads went out of alignment. It prints B&W fine, but color is a mess. I tried calibrating using the control pad -- about 6 times -- with no success. HP support suggests using Toolbox FX to calibrate, but Toolbox FX does not work with a Mac or Windows 7, which is all I have. What kind of Catch-22 BS is this???? Is my printer now just a large paperweight?
08-07-2014 09:04 AM
I see by your post that the printer is out of alignment. You have already tried multiple calibrations and you still have the same results. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this issue so you don't end up with a
Remove the toners, turn the printer off and on again.
Then reseat the toners again.
Try printing again.
I have also provided a document for Resolving Print Quality Issues. Most likely this is the one you have been following. Go to Solution eight: Print a diagnostics page to check the toner and the alignment. In case one of the toners are causing this alignment issue.
Are you using Genuine HP Toner?
Have you been printing any card stock lately? (this will cause the printer to go out of alignment if it is too heavy)
Any recent paper jams?
If you need further assistance, just let me know.
Have a nice day!
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?