Question

Student
BrianRVA
Message 1 of 2 (58 Views)

I have an HP Laserjet CP1515n -- 4 years old or so.  It has been working great with our iMac until a few weeks ago, when the printer heads went out of alignment.  It prints B&W fine, but color is a mess.  I tried calibrating using the control pad -- about 6 times -- with no success.  HP support suggests using Toolbox FX to calibrate, but Toolbox FX does not work with a Mac or Windows 7, which is all I have.  What kind of Catch-22 BS is this????  Is my printer now just a large paperweight?

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 2 (43 Views)

Re: cp 1515n

Hi BrianRVA,

I see by your post that the printer is out of alignment. You have already tried multiple calibrations and you still have the same results. Hopefully we will be able to resolve this issue so you don't end up with a 

"large paperweight".

Remove the toners, turn the printer off and on again.

Then reseat the toners again.

Try printing again.

I have also provided a document for Resolving Print Quality Issues. Most likely this is the one you have been following. Go to Solution eight: Print a diagnostics page to check the toner and the alignment. In case one of the toners are causing this alignment issue.

Are you using Genuine HP Toner?

Have you been printing any card stock lately? (this will cause the printer to go out of alignment if it is too heavy)

Any recent paper jams?

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation