Question

Student
franklinfsb
Message 1 of 2 (118 Views)

defective cartridge 75 XL

[ Edited ]

Dear Mr. CEO of HP,

I’m an owner of an HP printer and I’m sending this complaint because I’ve been unable to find a solution for a problem that has caused me financial loss. I live in Brazil, on the following street address: [Personal Information Removed]

I bought a Color Ink Cartridge (price BRL 120,00, approximately USD 60,00), No. 75 XL, on July 15th 2013, on the “Shopping de Informática da Tijuca” mall, in Rio de Janeiro, and attempted to use it, but found that it was not recognized by my HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-one printer.

On September 19th, 2013, I contacted an HP representative over the phone on +55 0800 709 7751. He asked me various questions about my printer and the defective ink cartridge, and gave me the following “protocol number”[Personal Information Removed], regarding my inquiry. Following the call, on September 21, 2013, I received an email from Hewlett Packard containing instructions for servicing my Ink Cartridge (Model HP 75XL TRI-COLOR INK CARTRIDGE, Serial Number: [Personal Information Removed]) under warranty.

I replied with all the requested information (serial number of the printer and serial number of the malfunctioning ink cartridge) and the HP employee in response told me to send the defective ink cartridge to HP, via Brazilian mail (“Correios”) using the postal code: 411 742 945. When I arrived on the Correios post office, I was informed that the postal code did not exist, and in fact was never commercialized.

I once again reached HP via phone on the number 0800 7097751, and an employee named Eduardo started being rude and mocking me after I told the printer was regularly used by a 70 year old lady (my mother). He insisted the problem was then on my printer.

After calling the HP Tech Support a number of times, and talking to the following employees: Jenaílton, Daiana, Eduardo, Samuel, Danilo, Afonso, Andressa, Manuel Elisângela, Diego, Lucas, Michael and André, I finally received an email from the Quality Assurance department, asking me to rate my tech support experience and the company, and saying I’d receive a Model 74 replacement ink cartridge via mail (A different model than the one I had complained about, 75 XL).

My son then called HP on Thursday October 3rd 2013, at around 8:30pm, informing about the email with the wrong cartridge model. The HP employee checked our information, and ensured him that the right cartridge would be mailed (no. 75 XL) instead of the one mentioned on the email (no. 74).

On Friday, October 4th 2013, we received a package with a Model 74 Ink Cartridge, instead of the Model 75 XL we filed the complaint about. I called the tech support once again, and talked to Andre on October 5th, at Noon. I informed him about everything that had happened so far, and he instructed me to send both the No. 74 mailed by mistake and the defective No. 75 XL cartridges by mail to HP, using the Correios postal code 414276050, valid until October 7,  2013. He also told me it would take HP 5 to 10 days to resolve my issue. I asked for contact details of his supervisor, but he refused to give me this information, saying that mailing the two ink cartridges was enough.

On Monday, October 7th 2013, I went again to the Correios post office, waited for a long time in line since the branch was experiencing a very busy day, just to learn that the supplied postal code was duplicated: it had been already used by another customer, and could no longer be used.

I once again called HP, and finally received a valid postal number (415282935) which I then used to mail both the malfunctioning Model 75 XL cartridge and the Model 74 cartridge, on October 10th, 2013, at 10:51 AM.

HP Tech Support then reached me via email asking me how my experience had been so far, and I replied on October 21st, 2013 saying that I was unsatisfied and that my problem had not been resolved and I hadn’t been mailed the right cartridge (75 XL).

In mid-november I called HP again and requested to talk to a supervisor. After waiting for over 45 minutes, and having several dropped calls I was finally able to talk to the manager, who ensured my situation would be resolved within 48 hours. I inform that until the present date, January 6th, 2014, HP has made no further attempts to contact me or to send a replacement for the defective Color Ink Cartridge No. 75.

I’d like to request urgent action from this renowned company, with a solution for my problem, considering I’ve been waiting for several months and contacted HP a number of times regarding my support ticket 8068708849, to no avail.

I also would like to inform that before contacting HP I personally took my printer to a repair shop, and had it tested, verifying that it’s indeed in perfect working conditions.

My phone number, for contact: [Personal Information Removed]

Yours faithfully,

— Franklin Santos Bandeira

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 2 (102 Views)

Re: defective cartridge 75 XL

Hi, sorry to hear about this experience. Let me flag it to the appropriate folks, I see you've included a case reference no. which really helps as I'll be able to access the case details.....

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation