01-25-2013 04:30 AM
Hi, can anyone help me with this please? I have replaced the colour catridge in a Deskjet 3055a for the first time with a non-HP catridge and it will not print. It's a Tesco cartridge, and I used these without a problem in my old HP printer. I get the message below, and cannot see any way to bypass it.
'Used or Counterfeit Cartridge Detected: Tri-Color. The original HP ink in this cartridge has been depleted. Was this cartridge sold to you as a new, genuine HP-branded cartridge that has not been previously used?'
I saw on someone else's post with same error message,that they had a yes/no box to click, but I don't have this. I'm using a mac so maybe that's why.
Can anyone help please? Thanks!
01-28-2013 07:54 AM
Sorry, but you will have to replace that cartridge with a HP genuine ink. Sometimes you may get the printer to bypass that error message and work without genuine ink. Most of the time, it will cause a problem within the printer. Printer quality issues, error messages, and cause of disfunction are results for not using genuine ink.
Try to get a new HP genuine ink cartridge and see if that resolves your issue.
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?