Question

Student
lucyss
Message 1 of 2 (793 Views)

deskjet 3055a won't print with non-HP ink catridge

Hi, can anyone help me with this please?  I have replaced the colour catridge in a Deskjet 3055a for the first time with a non-HP catridge and it will not print.  It's a Tesco cartridge, and I used these without a problem in my old HP printer.  I get the message below, and cannot see any way to bypass it.

'Used or Counterfeit Cartridge Detected: Tri-Color. The original HP ink in this cartridge has been depleted. Was this cartridge sold to you as a new, genuine HP-branded cartridge that has not been previously used?'

I saw on someone else's post with same error message,that they had a yes/no box to click, but I don't have this. I'm using a mac so maybe that's why.

Can anyone  help please?  Thanks!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 2 (768 Views)

Re: deskjet 3055a won't print with non-HP ink catridge

Sorry, but you will have to replace that cartridge with a HP genuine ink. Sometimes you may get the printer to bypass that error message and work without genuine ink. Most of the time, it will cause a problem within the printer. Printer quality issues, error messages, and cause of disfunction are results for not using genuine ink. 

Try to get a new HP genuine ink cartridge and see if that resolves your issue. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation