Question

Honor Student
mjbc01
Message 1 of 7 (2,720 Views)

door open error

1. HP Deskjet 2050 J510 series

2. Windows 7

3. "Door Open" the door or cover must be closed to print.

I have just replaced the cartridges as the lights were flashing.  The door is closed.  I have also disconnected the power and checked for any obstructions or jams.  There were none.  the lights have stopped flashing on the device itself but I am still getting an error saying the door is open even though it is not.

This is not the first time I have had this error occur and I have no idea how it resolved itself the last time.   

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 7 (2,715 Views)

Re: door open error

Hi, are you using the latest SW/driver?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4027469&submit=&

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
mjbc01
Message 3 of 7 (2,708 Views)

Hi Ciara,

Apologies for the delay in my reply, unfortunately my internet access was down for the last 24hrs or there abouts.

Yes I am using the latest SW/Driver.  I downloaded again from your link below, but still no joy.  The flashing lights are back also.  They start flashing once I try to print anything.  The scaning works no problem.  Just can't print, same error all the time.

Any other suggestions? 

Tutor
KevinHH
Message 4 of 7 (2,382 Views)

Same problem on the 7600 and 7700 series OfficeJets. HP has admitted elsewhere on this forum that these issues came up during the design phase, but were not corrected. The "ink cartridge door open" problem has been around for years, yet HP continues to design and sell printers with the same issues. The fact that the door is open has no bearing whatsover on the printer's ability to function - the door could be removed and the machine could still print, scan, fax, copy, etc. (Don't be fooled by HP assertions that the door is necesary to protect the ink cartridges from dirt and dust that can get into the compartment and damage the printer. Those cartridges are locked into a sealed system and the door itself provides little, if any, protection from dust.) This is a "warning" that should be an "advisory" that can be overriden by the user. The VERY simple fix would be to update the software (in the many, many updates HP feels the need to send) so that all functions would work with the door open or removed. That fix, however, would inhibit HP's ability to keep telling you you that you have a broken printer and need to buy a new one, and to sell post-warranty "product support." HP should be ashamed that it does not have the will (or skill) to resolve such minor issues.

Student
cmcc2
Message 5 of 7 (1,154 Views)

Thank you. This happened to my printer when I was setting it up and again on the second day of 'operation', to put it losely. The printer is junk and HP obviously has no commitment to helping.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 7 (1,151 Views)

cmcc2 wrote:

Thank you. This happened to my printer when I was setting it up and again on the second day of 'operation', to put it losely. The printer is junk and HP obviously has no commitment to helping.

Hi, which printer model do you have?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
Neblina2
Message 7 of 7 (683 Views)

I've got a 1310 All in One and can't print because of a "door open" warning.  despite the fact that the door is closed.  How do I remedy this?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation