Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@dumpling1 wrote:

My 4280  used to happily use the refilled cartridges.  Now it won't.  What is the override on the chip to make it work?

Once again, there is no "chip".  The printer does perform an electrical check on the cartridges before it uses them.  If a cartridge fails electrically it will not print.  Cleaning the cartridge contacts may resolve the issue, otherwise you will need to replace the cartridge with a fresh one.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Toner cartridges contain a powdery substance that is already dry and can be stored for a while you wont have to worry about an expiration date. However it is important to know that you can only store it in certain temperatures, there should be some info on the cartridge box or you can find it on the manufactures website.  HP Laser Jet 1020

HP Recommended

@relsar wrote:

how do i 're-set' printer so it accepts the fact that cartridge was refilled.  it won't print after being refilled.  continues to display empty sign

HP Recommended
My HP desk jet F4280 series I replaced the inks is still not reset but continued showing no inks what should I do to reset it
HP Recommended

I have just bought a new black ink cartridge from Asda for HP deskjet F4280.  HP 300 XL  I have tried everything to no avail.  Still flashing empty but if I go into printer settings will say black in there level unkown, but won't print a test page, let me clean print heads.

Turned it off and on, held the on/off button and tapped the cancel button to no avail.  Have used Asda cartridges before no problem?  Last one was a HP cartridge.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.