Re: envy 5530 (140 Views)
Honor Student
Disenfranchise
Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)
Accepted Solution

envy 5530

I buy HP branded replacement ink cartridges from Walmart. When I install the ink cartridegs I get a "Congratulations" message for buying genuine HP ink and I am offered I a "reward" that I always decline to participate in. The printer will print fine for a few days and then will suddenly notify me that I am using non HP cartridges and the print quality falls off significantly. As in, why bother using this printer at all! This is not a new problem that has developed. This problem has existed with EVERY HP branded replacement cartridge that I have used with this printer. I have always used HP branded ink cartridges on this printer. ALWAYS! I really like the HP laserjet printers and have had decent performance fom HP inkjet printers. The ENVY 5530 is another animal entirely! It sucks up the ink and I ALWAYS have this problem with HP branded ink cartridges for this printer.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: envy 5530

Is the message something like 'Used or Counterfeit Cartridge'? If so, check out the link below for details...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/Are-you-seeing-a-Used-or-Counterfe...

As you have a 5530 you might be interested in the Instant Ink program to help save costs....

www.instantink.com

Instant Ink_2.jpg 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
ozmommi
Message 3 of 3 (57 Views)

Re: envy 5530

I am not an HP employee and the InstaInk is the major reason I bought this printer.  For years I have had printers, but didn't really print much because of the cost of the replacement cartridges.  This Envy 5530 prints beautiful photo's and even "draft" or "quick print"  are very nice prints on paper.    HP should see a HUGE surge in sales for the InstaInk enabled printers.  It is genius.

2.99 a month for 50 prints?  Wow, that is a deal, and I am actually using my printer now.  

I would encourage anyone with a printer older that 6 months to bite the bullet, and just purchase this printer becuause replacement ink is at least 70.00 and these printers are in the $100 range.   Just Do It!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation