HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-21-2011 12:02 AM - edited 09-21-2011 12:10 AM
There are some other steps that could be done, check this article - Ink System Failure
The ink system can fail if the cartridges in the printer are installed incorrectly, if the ink in the cartridge is low or out, or if the cartridges are damaged or not correctly vented.
Hope this works for you!
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
09-21-2011 12:06 AM
Try this. Make sure unit is turned on before you start.
1. Without turning the unit off, unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
2. Press and hold “# and 6″ keys.
3. While holding those keys plug the power cord back in.
4. Wait until the screen shows a reset message before you release those keys.
5. Follow on printer screen instructions.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
09-24-2012 07:27 PM
I have a Photosmart 3110 and I have to reset as follow (and works):
Alternate reset procedure (for older products):
1. Unplug the power cord from printer.
2. Hold both o.k and Cancel simultaneously.
3. Plug the power cable while holding the buttons.