error "remove and check black cartridge" (415 Views)
Student
laybs
Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)

error "remove and check black cartridge"

i  have an officejet 5510 and i get the "remove and check black cartridge" text. what should i do?

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 6 (391 Views)

Re: error "remove and check black cartridge"

Hello laybs,

When did you first start seeing this issue?

Did you just replace the ink cartridges? Are you using genuine HP ink or a third party/refilled/remanufactured cartridge?

Any additional information would be helpful. Thanks!
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
az1950
Message 3 of 6 (375 Views)

I am having this same problem.  It came up out of the blue.  Mine says to check right cartridge.  I have an all-in-one Model 4215.  I always use HP cartridges and there is still ink powder in the cartridge.  I went online for troubleshooting and cleaned cartridge contacts, but it still is not working properly.  Anything else that could help?  Thank you.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 6 (367 Views)

Az,

Per the online article regarding cartridge issues here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bpa00299&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lan...

if cleaning the contacts and checking the nozzles doesn't resolve the issue, you should attempt to replace the cartridge

This may become necessary if there was damage to the cartridge or a defect. The cartridge does have a warranty and if there is still ink available and the error does not read that the cartridge was empty, I would suggest contacting HP phone support for replacement.

You can find the contact information here:
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
az1950
Message 5 of 6 (355 Views)

Thank you.  I will get a new cartridge and contact support.

Associate Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 6 (353 Views)

No problem.

If you could post back results it would be fantastic! Thanks for working through this, I can understand that it could be a frustrating situation.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation