Message 1 of 6 (9,222 Views)

how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

Master's Graduate
KennyB3
Message 2 of 6 (9,200 Views)

Re: how do i change my setting on my hp officejet 4620 to print black only

dohr1,

This is done in the properties window for the printer.  There are a few ways to get there.

If you want to get there from the program you are using with Windows click File > Print > select the printer > Properties (may be Preferences, depends on the software being used) > Advanced > click the Print in Grayscale drop down menu and select Black Ink Only then click ok.

The online manual might help also.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03251656.pdf

Click the Kudos on the left side for helping and click Accept as Solution for providing a solution. I work for HP.

Best Regards,
Kenneth
Honor Student
BULLITT65
Message 3 of 6 (8,348 Views)

printing in black only

How do i print in black only on a macbook pro?

Student
julieroc
Message 4 of 6 (7,910 Views)

I have the same problem.  

I went to File > Print > select the printer (I select HP officejet 4620) then there's no properties or preferences.  Under printer is presets.

I bought HP officejet 4620 today.  This is the first time I used it.  I really really do not like it.  It very noisy and slow.  It's much slower than my 8 years old  HP C3150.  I am thinking about returning 4620 tomorrow.  

Does HP stil make C3150?  Should I spend extra money and get a better HP printer?  If so, what do you recommend? 

Honor Student
BOOKAUTHOR1
Message 5 of 6 (6,419 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kenneth:

I went ahead and followed your directions to the letter and yet I am still getting color prints or worse yet, blank sheets now that the color cartridges are empty. I replaced my first brand new black ink cartridge with a second brand new cartridge so that is not the problem. Any other suggestions?

Bookauthor1

Honor Student
MarkC-S
Message 6 of 6 (3,460 Views)

I want my printer to always print in black only, on draft quality. I have followed these steps and my printer automatically reverts to printing in full colour, high quality, every time I print a new document. I've tried changing the settings to 'Black Only' and 'Draft' from both the Devices & Printers page and the print box itself. Neither lasts for more than one document.

It is far too time consuming to repeatedly change the settings every time I print something, I have to print around 70 separate documents every morning!

I'm using Windows 8 if that helps.

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation