01-31-2012 03:27 PM
An easy way to check your ink levels is to download and install the Full Feature Software for your printer. Use the following instructions to see if it's available for your printer. Once you have the software installed, you'll have a means to check the ink, extra print features, and maintenance help for your printer, too.
Install Printer Driver / Software
If your printer stops working (and it’s not a hardware problem), it may be due to software or driver issues. There are tools to help you diagnose the problem and help documents to guide you to success.
In many cases, you can (re)install Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities and provide a complete printing experience.
(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
- NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “Install the Software / Driver installation package: It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
It is my pleasure to assist.
Say “Thanks!” by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation for the help.
Fixed? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?