Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'd like to find a list of the printers that use the 920 printer ink cartridges.  Any suggestions how I could do that? 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP 920 and 920XL ink cartridges can be uses to the following printers:

Color Inkjet Printers

HP Officejet 6000 Printer series - E6

Inkjet Multifunction and All-in-One

HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer series - E7
HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One Printer series - E7

More info:

http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product.aspx?sku=3964286&mfg_part=CD975AN&pagemode=ca

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's hard to give this answer a "thumbs up" when the reason I'm looking for this information is because my less than 2 yo HP printer won't work, and the online diagnostic had me do something that screwed it up worse.  I have probably $100 worth of ink to use - more than the cost of a new printer.  If I could use it in another brand of printer, I would, since this HP is obviously a piece of junk.

HP Recommended

Hello,

If you look on the side of the ink cartridge package it tells which Printer uses that ink..

HP Recommended
I need an hp printer that uses 920 carts, that prints back to back pages, that has the save as editable scan function, which one can do all this?
HP Recommended

google is great!  see below link for compatibility

http://www.hp.com/sbso/special/hp-supplies-compatibility-matrix.pdf

then see page 15 of pdf file

HP Recommended

Ha! That is precisely why I am here looking for the same answer! I guess I getter just take the loss on ink and switch brands.

HP Recommended

@whitewolf1117 wrote:

Ha! That is precisely why I am here looking for the same answer! I guess I getter just take the loss on ink and switch brands.

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model? What operating system? What is the problem with your printer?  If you provide some details someone here may be able to help.  A more recent list of printers compatible with the HP 920 would be the following:

HP Officejet 6000 All-in-One Printer - E609aHP Officejet 6000 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E609nHP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a
HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709nHP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer - E809aHP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer - E910a

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Which of these printers would you recommend? I always hated my 6500 printer so I don't want to do that again.

My problems allstarted when the yellow ink stopped printing. I have cleaned the printhead (yes, was out of warranty in February of this year...go figure that it would stop working now, huh?), I have also done the hard reset several times, I've plugged it into the wall outlet, I've replaced the cartridge, etc.  After all of that just to get the yellow to print I now have several other issues because of all I did...printer carriage is now stuck to the right, I get error message 61011be(d? or b?), i can no longer turn my printer off using the on/off button (which is required to do in some of the instructions, I get the message "ink system failure."  I now want to throw it out the window, but alas, that won't help.  Like the others, I have just purchased over $100 in ink, some which I have used so I would like to use the ink, but in a MUCH better printer...HELP!

HP Recommended

BTW...I am using Windows 10 on Google Chrome..if that helps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.