09-19-2012 12:26 PM - edited 09-19-2012 12:27 PM
Your printers are one of the ones that should be able to override that error message. But the documents I find on it states that the instructions to do that override should appear on either the computer on the printer itself. Are you getting any prompts on how to override the message and it is just not working? Do you hit “okay” and it starts a cleaning process of the printhead assembly? Or have you tried the directions offered on the screen and the message will not go away? Here is a link to a document on the ink expiration. Look at the last section where it notes the way to override the error message as a reference to my above statements.
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?