Question

Student
Svensk
Message 1 of 6 (3,519 Views)

how do you reset printer c410

What is the procedure to reset the C410 photosmart printer?  The black ink will not print.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 6 (3,505 Views)

Re: how do you reset printer c410

Hi Svensk

Have you followed the steps in the Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues document?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02100786&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Details on performing a power re-set are below

Performing a power reset of the All-in-One
Use the following steps to perform a power reset.
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
    NOTE:The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.
  2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
  4. Wait 30 seconds.
  5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.
  6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
  7. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.

Hope this helps

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
randyyoungsr
Message 3 of 6 (2,499 Views)

I also have a C410 and I have tried the plugging in and out to no avail. My printer seems to be in stuck mode. All I get is "Ink Cartridge Problem. the following Ink Cartridges appear to be missing or damaged. They are ALL brand new. I just purchased them at Target. Any ideas that you might have, I'd certainly appreciate.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 6 (2,462 Views)

Hi Randyyoungsr,

I understand that your printer is getting an error message.  I would take a look at the document below.

Ink Cartridge Problem

Let me know how it goes.

Student
Juraf50
Message 5 of 6 (2,350 Views)

Ink Cartridge Error Message

I have a Photosmart C410 All in One.  I just installed brand new HP ink cartridges.  The printer continually displays the message that all of the cartridges are missing or damaged.  I have tried all of the procedures outlined here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03591222&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la... with no success.  I have also power cycled the printer to reset it.

Can someone help me with this?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 6 (2,344 Views)

Re: Ink Cartridge Error Message

Hey Juraf50,

If you have performed all the steps in the document, cleaned contacts of the cartridges and matching contacts in the printhead of the printer, replaced the cartridges, replaced the printhead of the C410a, and the problem is still continuing then it is an issue with the electronics of the ink system in the printer itself.

The next step will be product replacement.  Do you know if this printer is in warranty?  www.hp.com/go/warrantycheck

To contact HP Tech Support please click the link provided below.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation