Question

Top Student
paxxman
Message 1 of 11 (30,076 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to fix - print cartridge(s) missing or not detected

have an all-in-one c4280 photosmart, CC210A.  getting message that cartridges are not detected.  Both are properly loaded.  I suspect a sensor is crapped out.  maybe ink over-spray over time?  how to fix??

Top Student
paxxman
Message 2 of 11 (30,074 Views)

Re: how to fix - print cartridge(s) missing or not detected

based on others with the same issue, I've found no fixes;

there is no fix offered, just get another printer, this one is hosed!

wow, HP support has really crashed to new lows. help yourself!
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 3 of 11 (29,934 Views)

Hello paxxman

If you have not already please try the following article for your printer. It may help resolve your issue.

Print Cartridge Missing or Not Detected

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Student
danneil
Message 4 of 11 (28,714 Views)

i used the link and found it helped to some degree. the third cartridge i cleaned and installed was detected, after i unpluged and re started the printer. the printer then indicated that the new cartridge was low on ink . additionally the other two cartridges were still not not detected. ops check showed no additional problem with third .all 74s. first two HP, third a refill.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 5 of 11 (28,703 Views)

Hello danneil

Did you try Solution Five from the above article? Replacing the problem cartridges with new HP Cartridges is the best way to narrow it down. If the replacement cartridges work then the problem lies in the cartridges other cartridges. If the printer still does not recognize the new replacement cartridges then the problem lies in the printer.

Some other questions I have are: what printer are you using and are your cartridges expired or close to it?

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Student
gmoon
Message 6 of 11 (27,091 Views)

Hi,

I did each of the items on the solutions link but I still get the same message.  Is there anything else to be tried or should I get new cartridges? 

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 7 of 11 (27,007 Views)

Hello gmoon

What printer are you using? The article I provided above is for the Photosmart C4280. Since different printers use different ink cartridges, there may be a better article to follow.

Student
MatthiasBeebs
Message 8 of 11 (23,458 Views)

Hey paxxman,

I had some success with this youtube walkthrough.  Some of the buttons on my printer were different, but it wasn't diffucult to follow along and figure out.  Took less than 2 min.  Good luck.

Student
Jakesr
Message 9 of 11 (13,391 Views)

i fixed my "cartridge not detected" by going to the device manager. there i found a chipset with a yellow tag.

right click on it, and then disable it. after you disable it, right click again, and enable it. it is caused by a bad chipset that controls the usb ports.

Student
lazyjc
Message 10 of 11 (12,091 Views)

I had been printing and the message "Print cartidge missing or not detected" came up. I knew I was in trouble when I tried a new HP cartridge and it didn't change the message. Found this site and I have tried all the steps in the "How to Fix - Print Cartridges missing or not detected" and nothing has worked so far. Also found a thread on another site about how to do a partial reset on your printer. That didn't work either.   I have had the printer 4 years. What are the chances of repairing...and where can I take it to get repaired ....or is it worth it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation