Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i have a Hp deskjet 1000 - j 110a. 

i use hp 802 small cartrilege . insted of buying new cartrilege i use to refill the cartilege of my own .

but when i use ink level estimate , its shows empty so i want to reset the level of ink .

so can anyone can help me how to reset the ink level for my printer ??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The one procedure that you can try is an ink hardware reset. The purposes of this is to reset the ink sensors in the machine:

To do that reset:
1. Take the cartridges out of the printer. Close carriage access door
2. Unplug cord from the rear of the printer
3. While cord is unplugged from printer, hold down the power button on the machine for a least 30 seconds, it is okay to hold it longer, but don't
do less than a 30 second hold.
4. Plug cord back into printer, when the printer asks for the ink cartridges, place them in one at time, waiting for it to recognize the one before
inserting the next.

If this does not work, then there is not another way to get the printer to recognize the refilled cartridges as something could have happened to the sensors on the cartridges during the refill process.

Here is a link to another post that offers more information on refilled inks and how they compare with HP I Hope this helps.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

After plug the printer it doesn't ask for cartridges waht can i do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.