Question

Honor Student
dsp2405
Message 1 of 4 (133 Views)

hp 3050 print carriage jam following paper jam, carriage stays to the right side of the chasis

Hi there, we cleared a paper jam by moving the print carriage to the side, now it wont reset. Says carriage jam, open the door & it doesn't move. I can manually move carriage from one side to the other, however, when I press ok to reset, carriage keeps hitting the right side of the printer. I have tried checking for an obstruction, can't see anything.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (88 Views)

Re: hp 3050 print carriage jam following paper jam, carriage stays to the right side of the chasis

Hi dsp2405,

You didn't mention if the printer was turned off and or unplugged when you moved the carriage. If the printer was on, the carriage jam message may not be reversible.

Let's try, leaving the printer on and unplugging it for 1 minute. This will do what is called a hard reset. If this does not resolve the issue please proceed with the solutions in the following document. > A 'Carriage Jam' Message Displays on the All-in-One

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, thanks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
dsp2405
Message 3 of 4 (74 Views)

Re: hp 3050 print carriage jam following paper jam, carriage stays to the right side of the chasis

Hi, I have tried all the solutions on the troubleshooter page bar taking it for a service. The printer was switched on when the carriage was moved, which I think has caused the problem. The carriage moves freely when switched off, just when it is switched on it slams into the right side of the printer.

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)

Hi dsp2405,

I suggest you contact HP phone support. HP may be able to offer you a discount on a newer model. If you printer is still under warranty however, HP would replace the printer if they see fit. The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US or you can Contact HP Worldwide. < Click here and select your location.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation