07-28-2013 12:17 PM
My HP 8500A had suddenly begun to fade out half way through the page and I am wondering if one of the printheads has gone bad. How do I know it is not just a clogged tube or something rather than spend $100 on new printhead only to have them fail. flightdoc
07-29-2013 04:06 AM
Hi flightdoc, have you checked the ink levels?
07-29-2013 05:16 PM
They are all new ink cartridges and when I check the ink levels, it shows them dropping with each cleaning. That is an expensive way to clean the machine. flightdoc
07-30-2013 03:54 AM
Is your printer still in warranty, have you tried calling HP Support?
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?