hp c4150 carriage jam. (528 Views)
Honor Student
Dionysus
Message 1 of 6 (528 Views)

hp c4150 carriage jam.

There is nothing obstructing as I've seen the cartridges travel left to right and return but not while being asked to print???. The paper flows thru on load and shutdown. Please help.

Intern
mujeer
Message 2 of 6 (524 Views)

Re: hp c4150 carriage jam.

Honor Student
Dionysus
Message 3 of 6 (518 Views)

I'm a frayed knot mujeer, although it was very thorough in its suggested solutions. It doesn't make sense that a freely flowing cartridge would be jammed. I did notice gummy ink in the mechanism underneath the color cartridge where the black ink mechanism was dry. The mechanism apparently is supposed to move back and forth and does when i move it manually. The bottom of the color cartridge was covered with ink also. Could it be a faulty/leaky cartridge?  Note: The problem existed in the long past for my daughter and I am trying to fix it now. I'm currently unemployed and can't spend a lot to fix it. Can I fix this myself or how much will it cost to repair? I have 3 home hp printers but only one all-in-one and it is needed for all 3 functions. 

Intern
mujeer
Message 4 of 6 (516 Views)

Take out the cartridges and clean the contact points on the cartrigdes and the carriage and insert them back and try printing.

use should try using new cartridges if the above doesn work

Honor Student
Dionysus
Message 5 of 6 (510 Views)

Thank you. What can I clean the gooey internals that the cartridges come into contact with? Is there a solvent?

Intern
mujeer
Message 6 of 6 (498 Views)

please do not use any solution on them. use a dry lint free cloth and wipe the contacts and try printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation