Question

Honor Student
dudeski
Message 1 of 2 (486 Views)

hp officejet j6450 all in one left cartridge error

Hello all, I have an officejet j6450 and i have had no problems till today. I replaced both the color and the black cartridges and the black worked no problem.  when i inserted the color cartridge i got an error stating that i need to remove and reinstall the left (color) cartridge. i put the old empty one back in and it recognized it and said it needed to be replaced as it was empty. when i put the new one in i get the same error message. i have 2 new color and black cartridges so i tried all of them and the black is fine andthe color gives me the same message. i have cleaned everything and removed and reinstalled them 10 times. weird thing is though, i can print a black and color pages. is there some kind of code i need to install via an update or is this just a common problem? i bought a brand spanking new 1000dollar hp pc for Christmas running windows 8.1 and all is good. i installed the printer software from HP website and quite frankly i am perplexed. i dont know if the printerhead needs replacing or what. that would probably coost me the price of a new printer. if it works with the error running should i just go with it? i would rather not, as the orange exclamation blinking constantly makes me want to take a 12 guage to it. good printer, just gremlins in it or something. please help.

thanks,

radar

Regents Professor
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 2 (437 Views)

Re: hp officejet j6450 all in one left cartridge error

Hello dudeski. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. I understand the printer is experiencing cartridge issues. To troubleshoot the issue, please apply the suggestions in this document: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03765534&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

Please note the troubleshooting is intended for an alignment failure. However, the suggested troubleshooting does resolve general ink issues.

If the issue is not resolved, after following these steps, you are likely experiencing a hardware failure. I would contact HP Phone Support for more information.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation