Question

Student
c5ghasse
Message 1 of 3 (461 Views)

hp officejet pro 8500 premium cyan not printing

Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500 Premium printer. The cyan ink is not printing. I replaced all ink cartridges with orginal hp 940 series cartridges. I went to the embedded troubleshooting and diagnostic software and ran it. Resulted in everything reports okay. However, cyan still does not print. I performed the align printheads, cleaned the printheads up to and through level three and calibrated the linefeed.  Everything looks good except fo the missing cyan. What do I do at this point?

Gary

Student
coinyman
Message 2 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: hp officejet pro 8500 premium cyan not printing

I have the same problem and I think it started when I downloaded the new driver. Any Ideas how to fix this?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 3 of 3 (440 Views)

Re: hp officejet pro 8500 premium cyan not printing

Hey,

If the issue is that the printer is not printing a particular color and you have done all the troubleshooting for the issue, then the next step is going to be looking in to replacing the particular printhead for that color.  As you are having an issue with the Cyan, then this would be the Cyan/Magenta printhead in the unit.  If you are unsure if you have done all the steps, then I would take a look at the document linked below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02208875&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

If the printhead appears to be the issue, then I would advise taking a look at Solution six: Replace one or both printheads in the document linked above.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation