hp officejet pro 8600 low ink problems (1457 Views)
plc Honor Student
Honor Student
plc
Message 1 of 5 (1,457 Views)

hp officejet pro 8600 low ink problems

I replaced my ink cartridges cyan, magenta, and yellow. At first the still said the ink was low in the yellow cartridge so I removed it then reinserted in, it still indicated that it was empty so I turned the printer off and back on. The printer then indicated the yellow was low and after printing a few pages the printer indicated it was empty and the others were low too. I turned the printer off then on again and same result, I followed this routine several times with lower ink each time. Now I need new ink again and I've only printed a few pages. I purchased three ink package on 6/5/13 $66.95. The printer is only 6 months old. At this rate I would be better off buying a new printer each time I run out of ink. Any suggestions ....other than not buying HP products ever again??

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 5 (1,436 Views)

Re: hp officejet pro 8600 low ink problems

Hey plc,

It sounds like the printer isn't quite registering the new printer cartridges.  I would advise performing an Ink System Reset to this printer to make sure all contacts are clean and that the Ink System has a fresh start with these new cartridges. For information on how to perform an Ink System Reset please click here.

If this does not work let me know as I have the steps to perform a reset on this product to restore the device to a factory state.  

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
plc Honor Student
Honor Student
plc
Message 3 of 5 (1,423 Views)

Well, I followed your instructions for Ink System Reset but the printer still indicates the Cyan is empty and the others are low. The instruction sheet that came with the printer states it would print even if one of the cartridges is empty but it won't do that either. How do I reset to factory setting or the next step??

plc

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 5 (1,408 Views)

Hey plc,

I would like to help clarify the issue about the inks you mentioned.  If a cartridge runs out while printing with an 8600, then it will finish the print job with one empty cartridge.  However, it will lock up and require a cartridge change after this print job.

As to the reset information, I have these steps and will send them to you in a private message.  Please check your inbox messages.  As well, please read Bob_Headrick's thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
plc Honor Student
Honor Student
plc
Message 5 of 5 (1,371 Views)

I followed the instructions for the simi-reset and replaced all the cartridges(again) and now it indicates some of the cartridges are getting lower and the yellow is allmost empty.

I done with all hp products!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation