Question

Tutor
japlah
Message 1 of 10 (346 Views)

hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one colour problem on photo paper.

Color prints on plain paper all as expected.

BUT when using glossy paper/photo paper be it HP or other manufacturers all images are printed wth RED cartridge alone ?

Any suggestions (I have already replaced  all catridges out with new ones and carried out semi-full reset....all to no effect ) ?

How do you implement a Full Reset , if there is one ?

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 10 (325 Views)

Re: hp photosmart c7280 all-in-one colour problem on photo paper.

Hello japlah,

Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand your concerns with your Photosmart C7280. How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

What is your operating system on your computer? Windows or Mac?

Please follow this HP document on Printing with Photosmart Printers. Try changing the "Print Quality" to best, as this could make a difference when printing on photo paper.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
japlah
Message 3 of 10 (314 Views)

Thanks for response. Connection is USB and to a PC running windows 7. Firmware version is vtxxFN0724A5r. 

I have followed the guidance given in Printing with Photosmart Printers but still the printer only prints with the red catridge when using photo papers.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 10 (305 Views)

Hello and thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps. If you were using HP photo paper and changed the "Print Quality" to best, then try these steps:

This could be a driver conflict, I am suggesting to uninstall/reinstalling the software. Please follow this HP document on Uninstalling the Printer Software. (Disconnect the USB cord out of the computer.)

Next, clean your Temp folder on your computer. I will provide a document on performing this step here.

Now, install the full feature software from the HP website here. Choose your correct operating system; either 32 bit or 64 bit. (Leave the USB cord out of the computer until it prompts you to connect.

Let me know how your progress goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
stoopenf
Message 5 of 10 (147 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello, I have the same problem al my foto's are very red, It does not matter if I print from my iphone or from my PC. So I don't think it is the PC software what is causing this problem.

Do you have a solution for this red glow on my pictures. (it is more red on photo paper then on plain paper)

I have also a c7280 all-in-one printer.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 10 (135 Views)

Hello stoopenf,

I understand your photos are printing with a red glow. What type of photo paper are you using? If you're experiencing the same problem on two devices, then yes this isn't a software related issue. This is relating to a hardware issue within the printer:

Are any ink cartridges showing low on your printer? I will also provide some information on HP print permanence and durability.

Please make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector. I would like you to print a self-test report from your printer. I want to see how this page prints out. Follow this HP document here to help you. Try resetting the printer for more than 60 seconds.

I will be looking forward to hearing from you. :smileyhappy:

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
stoopenf
Message 7 of 10 (129 Views)

Hi Cheeta12,

Thanks for your reply, I have 5 new HP cardridges inserted, All the test en diagnostic pages are looking good.

The photo paper is "Quantor inkjet paper, Photo Quality Gloss coated".

I have done the reset, but I get the same result when printing.

I was also looking for a place where I can calibrate te colors, but I cannot find it.

regards,

Fred.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 8 of 10 (113 Views)

[ Edited ]

That's great to hear the self test report printed fine.

Have you tried using HP photo paper to verify if you're experiencing the same problem? I will provide a HP document on Why using HP Photo Paper.

What is your operating system on your computer? Click here to find out: Windows.

To calibrate your printer, you need to perform this step from your computer. This HP document on Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues, provides steps to calibrate your printer, depending on your operating system. (Solution Eight from this document.)

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
stoopenf
Message 9 of 10 (108 Views)

Hi Cheeta12,

I have also tested hith HP photo paper, same result.

When I open the HP printer services, I have no option for color calibration, only other calibration functions, I have done all the other ones.

Regards,

Fred.

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 10 of 10 (98 Views)

I would recommend calling HP technical support for further assistance for this issue. Click here to find out: HP Worldwide Contact.

Good luck.

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation