Question

Honor Student
jlb34
Message 1 of 5 (258 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp photosmart printer black ink problem

I have an HP photosmart B110a printer and the black ink cartridge will not print. I've tried replacing it, switching off and on etc but can't get it to work. This looks like a common problem from what I can see on forums. I'm very fed up with this problem. Can anyone help?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

Re: hp photosmart printer black ink problem

If the printer is ouf of warranty it might be worth soaking the printhead.....

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/New-black-cartridge-prints-partial...

Can I ask do you switch off at the power button when not in use (this ensures the printer caps the printhead properly)

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
jlb34
Message 3 of 5 (217 Views)

I soaked the part but the black ink still won't print. Yes it's out of warranty. And, no we don't switch it off as such as it seems to go into sleep mode when not in use. My daughter uses it for her homework and although that's not particularly heavy usage it's fairly regular- every other day. Do you have any other suggestions?
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 5 (214 Views)

Did you get any improvement at all after soaking the printhead? Have you checked the vent area on the cartridge to see if it's clogged?

1. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.
    Figure 11: Clean the clogged vent with a pin
    Image: Clean the clogged vent with a pin.
    1 - Clogged vent
    2 - With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent
    3 - Unclogged vent

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
jlb34
Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)

Wow. Just tried printing black and it's working again. Brilliant! Thanks for your advice.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation