Question

Student
cheepazoid
Message 1 of 4 (2,157 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp3520 not printing black

My printer will not print black. I look and notice it does indicate that there are still black in the cartridge. Still I went and got a new black ink cartridge and it printed the first page in black, but then stop printing in black again. Other colors print, just not the black.

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 2 of 4 (2,142 Views)

Re: hp3520 not printing black

[ Edited ]

Hi cheepazoid,

I would start by checking all ink levels and replacing any low cartridges.  I am linking the user's guide for your printer that also contains troubleshooting information.  Click Here  I suggest that you click on Maintenance in the guide and follow the steps for the options Manually clean the ink cartridges and Automatically clean the cartridges up to 3 times. 

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck !

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Student
ricktrumpf
Message 3 of 4 (1,357 Views)

I have tried replacing all the cartridges with new HP units and still no Black Print.

Other colours OK

Why!!!

Any polite suggestions please

Machine is 2 months old

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (1,335 Views)

Hi ricktrumpf

I understand the black isn't printing

Here is a url you could try to resolve the issue for the black not printing.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03955488&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options
are available for you since the printer is only 2 months old if the document doesn't resolve the issue. Provide the document number c03955488 for troubleshooting Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Hope this helps.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation