hp6700 (187 Views)
Honor Student
DRock72
Message 1 of 4 (187 Views)

I have a HP6700.  On my color settings I have it where only black should print but for some reason my color levels are depleting.  Any reason why when only black is selected, color is being used as well?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Re: hp6700

Hey DRock72,

Some color ink may be used when printing black text-or-graphics

There are several circumstances when color ink may be used���primarily to improve print quality, and sometimes to improve printer reliability���even if the document appears to be only black text-and-graphics. Many HP printers utilize chemical interactions to improve the quality and permanence of plain paper black text-and-graphics by adding small amounts of color ink to certain black areas. Some dark images which look black may contain a combination of black and color inks. For black and white images and photos, a blend of colors called "composite black" may be used to achieve significantly better image quality and smoother gray tones than can be accomplished with black inks alone. Some inkjet printers utilize pigmented black ink, which is incompatible with some inkjet photo paper. In this case, dark or black areas are made up of color inks. (Page yield testing is conducted with all cartridges ��� black and color ��� installed in the printer. For more information see Inkjet page yields

For users who wish to print utilizing just black ink (despite the reduced print quality), many HP printers offer options. For example, a driver color setting (by selecting "print in grayscale with the black cartridge only" in printing preferences) specifies printing using only black ink. In addition, many IPH printers can operate in "reserve mode," which allows the user to continue to print with just the black cartridge when the color cartridge is removed or not installed.In HP IIC systems, all supplies are required to be installed in the printer for the printer to function.

This information came from the link provided below:

http://h10060.www1.hp.com/pageyield/en-019/articles/howInkIsUsed.html?cCode=us

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
DRock72
Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

Thanks Jason
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 4 (129 Views)

No problem!  I am glad I was able to help clarify the issue.

I wish you the best in all of your future printing needs,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation