i have a new hp deskjet 3056a that has a used cartridge error. but its new. (1129 Views)
Student
brossardmonique
Message 1 of 4 (1,129 Views)

i have a new hp deskjet 3056a that has a used cartridge error. but its new.

I have a new hp deskjet 3056A that I'm setting up. I opened the new ink 61XL that came with the printer & installed it. The printer will not print. It says Tri-Color used HP Cartridge installed...but it's was new. I tried reinstalling it & cleaning it & I'm still getting the error. How can this be fixed?

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 4 (1,115 Views)

Re: i have a new hp deskjet 3056a that has a used cartridge error. but its new.

I would reseat the cartridges after manually cleaning the contacts as shown in step three of this document here

If after cleaning the contacts and reseating the cartridges, you are still getting the error, I would do a hard reset to the printer. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.

To do a hard reset: 

1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.

I hope that this helps. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Student
52SCPrintHead
Message 3 of 4 (533 Views)

I had the same issue, what's the solution?

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (522 Views)

Hello,

I am sorry for the cartridge error you are seeing on your Deskjet 3056a printer. I have looked into this issue for you and I have found a guide that I recommend you follow. Hopefully this helps resolve the problem.

'Incompatible Print Cartridge' or 'Print Cartridge Problem' Message Displays on the Computer

Take care:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation