11-26-2012 06:47 PM
I have a new hp deskjet 3056A that I'm setting up. I opened the new ink 61XL that came with the printer & installed it. The printer will not print. It says Tri-Color used HP Cartridge installed...but it's was new. I tried reinstalling it & cleaning it & I'm still getting the error. How can this be fixed?
11-28-2012 01:08 PM
I would reseat the cartridges after manually cleaning the contacts as shown in step three of this document here.
If after cleaning the contacts and reseating the cartridges, you are still getting the error, I would do a hard reset to the printer. No user settings are lost with a hard reset.
To do a hard reset:
1. With the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet, and turned on, unplug the cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Then unplug the cord from the wall socket.
3. Wait at least 30-60 seconds
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall socket first. If the cord has a module in it, make sure that the light on the module is lit up and then plug cord back into the rear of the printer
5. The printer should power back on by itself, but if not use the power button on front panel to turn machine back on.
I hope that this helps.
11-26-2013 04:59 PM
I am sorry for the cartridge error you are seeing on your Deskjet 3056a printer. I have looked into this issue for you and I have found a guide that I recommend you follow. Hopefully this helps resolve the problem.
I work on behalf of HP
★Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Americas and Asia)
- HP 68xx and 6230 Printers - 'Problem with printhead' Error (Europe, Middle East, Africa)
- HP Instant Ink - What Is HP Instant Ink?