Question

Honor Student
kezza34
Message 1 of 4 (167 Views)
Accepted Solution

incompatible ink cartridge

I have a HP photosmart all-in-one printer that takes hp364 ink cartridges.  I purchased hp364 setup cartridges from ebay and have just installed them and i am getting a message incompatible ink cartridges.  I had checked online and found that these are the same as the standard ink cartridges only they are not sold separately but come with the printer.

Can anyone help me please? Thank you

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (160 Views)

Re: incompatible ink cartridge

[ Edited ]

The setup cartridges are used for initial product setup.  Once they are depleted you need to use the standard cartridges, setup cartridges can not be used for replacement cartridges.  See the document here for information.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
kezza34
Message 3 of 4 (156 Views)

Is there no way of making them work then? i did read this information before purchasing but did not see that they could not be used as replacement.  Im raging as I have just lost £15 :smileysad:

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)

No, setup cartrdiges are only for initial setup.  "Installing SETUP cartridges after product initialization causes an error."

Setup cartrdiges are not available through normal retail channels since they are shipped with the printers.  I do not know the history of the parts you bought on ebay, but unfortunately they are not suitable for your printer.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation